By Kathleen Furey
Back in 2004, J. Crew launched the “Weddings and Parties” collection. Six years later, the trend continues to take off. Mall-friendly stores such as The Limited (the below silk dress is just $298), Ann Taylor and White House/Black Market are now carrying their own discount bridal lines.
Anthropologie will instroduce a line next spring. Designers are also getting into the discount bridal game. Vera Wang will have a collection at mega wedding fashion chain David’s Bridal, and BCBG Max Azria now offers a wedding shop that focuses on the line’s formal dresses.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Regina + Lisana: Surprise proposal by the shore in Miami, Florida
- Five of the best kitchen appliances to add to your wedding registry
- Kody + Jared: Timeless rainbow wedding in Asheville, North Carolina
- Kristin + Angela: Elegant, outdoor wedding at historic farm in Ballston Lake, New York
- Angelo + Sterling: DIY Filipino-American wedding in Venice, Florida