By Sonia Oram
Add some zest to your summer wedding with a colorful necktie. A bold and brightly colored tie in summer fabrics like cotton, madras and linen can give your menswear a sunny pop of color without straying too far from the classic look.
Checkered patterns are the name of the game. Available at mosaicmenswear.com for $65.
Add some vintage-inspired striped goodness to your ensemble with the Macartney-Stripe Linen-Cotton Tie, available at J.Crew for $59.
You can never have too much yellow gingham. But this particular tie-maker has gingham ties in pretty much every color (in case you prefer to go all out in mauve or periwinkle). Available at Etsy.com for $59.50.
This Indian Madras Plaid Patterned Necktie will bring all the people you find attractive to the yard. Available at J.Press for $79.50.
Sonia Oram is the writer of Dyke Duds, a blog for lesbians, queer women and transmasculine people to share their styles, fashion ideas and stories around clothing.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Elegant outdoor wedding in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, for two expats
- Remembering The Day: How To Make Wedding Magic Last A Lifetime
- A destination elopement in Iceland with freshly picked blue lupine bouquets for pansexual brides
- Sunlit San Francisco wedding with evening boat cruise
- Traditional Episcopal wedding with quirky DIY touches