By Anne Chertoff
I’m sure you’ve heard of the latest wedding pre-party event craze, the Wedding Invitation Stuffing Party. If it sounds familiar but you’re not quite sure what it is, here’s what you need to know:
When your wedding invitation set arrives from the stationer you have to address the envelopes (I recommend hiring a calligrapher), stuff, seal and stamp the invitations. If your guest list has more than 50 invites going out it can be quite the cumbersome task, so host a Wedding Invitation Stuffing Party to make it more fun.
You don’t need formal invites—an email or free e-vite will do. You don’t need to re-register for gifts because none are expected, but you do need to supply food and drinks—wine or cocktails are allowed but don’t let anything spill on your stationery and don’t let anyone get too tipsy because they may stuff the envelopes incorrectly.
The entertainment is the invitation stuffing. Give everyone a specific task or put the pieces in the center of the table, family style, and everyone can assemble complete invites.
The steps are as follows:
- Unpack the wedding invitation, envelopes and inserts
- Address the envelopes if you’re not having them professionally done
- Line the envelopes, if not done professionally and if desired
- Place the reply card under the flap of the reply envelope and stamp it
- Place the invitation in the outer envelope
- Place the reply set and other inserts in size order on top of the invitation
- Seal the envelope and stamp it
Here’s a fun tutorial by one of my favorite stationers, Hello! Lucky that will show you exactly what you need to do. Have it on hand at your stuffing party to ensure that your guests stuff your invites correctly.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- How to create an inclusive wedding for hearing-impaired and deaf guests
- Pope Francis endorses civil unions for same-sex couples
- Brian + Brett: Hudson Valley garden wedding with shades of purple
- 5 reasons to hire a gay photographer for your LGBTQ+ wedding
- PFLAG + OREO debut Proud Parent film and rainbow cookies
- Supreme Court justices set stage to end marriage equality
- Love Conquers All wedding giveaway theme revealed: Black is Queen
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding