By Jonathan Bender
This winter season, a little gold goes a long way. It’s easy to accessorize with jewelry, but why not go the extra mile to make your big day stand out? Here are a couple of options to amp up your winter look without resembling Charlie’s “Golden Ticket.” Remember, the key is to pair everything with neutrals so each item stands on its own.
Double Breasted Coat: With the focus already on you and your new husband, why not make a proper (bundled) exit with this eye-popping jacket by Zara? I know I’ll be snagging one with or without a husband this winter! Available at Zara for $249.
Wasp Cuff Links: Be each other’s bumble bee for the day with these antique gold plated cuff links. Definitely a conversation piece while showing how playful and smart you can be with accessories. Available at Paul Smith for $155.
Michael Kors ‘Layton’ Chronograph Watch: Diamonds on your finger, bling on your wrist. Share your time with the one you love with a watch that makes you feel like a million bucks. Available at Nordrstrom for $250.
Woven Silk Tie: Don’t be afraid of a little polka-dot pattern. Available at Nordstrom for $49.50.
Striped Scarf: Under the jacket and not a stripe goes unnoticed! Available at Zara for $19.90.
Marc Stripe Sweatshirt: An upscale classic, pair this sweater with a crisp button down and tie to keep warm underneath your suit look. It has a classic fit, so don’t worry about having room in your coat! Smart idea? Pairing your accessories with the stripe accents so you don’t go overboard and can make the sweater stand out. Available at Cardigan by Lynne Hiriak for $188.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Documentary-style candids highlight moments of everyday love for this newly engaged couple
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California