Q What are your thoughts on registering for cash? My fiancé and I have found a few websites set up for this purpose. We’ve been together for eight years, and we don’t really need a bunch of new gadgets, pots and pans. But we could definitely use cash to help us pay for the wedding, our honeymoon and our life together.
A I’m no elderly hen and the less traditional folks will surely disagree with me, but I find it quite tacky. And many of your guests might find it equally offensive. If you’re in need of some Benjamins (aren’t we all?), why not register for honeymoon assistance? There are dozens of sites for this, but I like HoneyFund.com since there are no fees attached to it. It still might ruffle some guest’s feathers, so be sure to also register for some new-fangled gadgets or new pans (think of it as an upgrade on what you already own). As far as wanting cash to pay for your wedding, it sounds like you might be planning a celebration beyond your means and you might need to scale back your plans or do some of it yourself. For hints on DIY weddings, visit our DIY section for some money-saving tips.
Kirsten Ott Palladino is the co-founder and editor in chief of Equally Wed, the nation’s leading gay and lesbian wedding and honeymoon magazine. Follow her on Twitter. Connect with her on Facebook. Write her with your gay wedding questions. If she can’t answer it, she’ll find another expert who can!
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning private beach elopement in Moorea
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle