It’s Official: Minnesota Passes Gay Marriage in Both Senate and House
There is big news for the Midwest on Monday as Minnesota Senate passed by 37-30 vote a marriage equality bill, which passed in the House last week by a 75-59 vote. Now the bill heads to Gov. Mark Dayton who solemnly promises to sign it into law on Tuesday, making Minnesota No. 12 for states which allow gay and lesbians the legal freedom to get married. This victory of three states passing marriage equality laws in two weeks is indicative of the spread of fairness across the country, and is hopefully telling of what will happen in June when the Supreme Court rules on DOMA and Prop 8.
The next state we’re watching for marriage equality is Illinois.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal