Jesse Tyler Ferguson Unveils Wedding Bow Tie for Marriage Equality
This fall, we fell head over heels in love with Jesse Tyler Ferguson’s bow tie collection for TheTieBar.com, featuring designs that ranged from rustic plaid to bold stripes to whimsical florals, combining elements of humor, style and individuality.
Though utterly charming, the colorful designs limit the formality. Luckily, Ferguson and his fiancé Justin Mikita unveiled their first formal bow tie for the collection dubbed “The Signature: Wedding Bow Tie.”
Personally designed by the adorable duo, the limited-edition bow tie is handmade (100 percent silk), available in adjustable sizes and features a hip, owl print design, a prominent symbol for collection which, according to Ferguson, “Owls symbolize wisdom, foresight and patience, all traits that we see in individuals that are fighting for marriage equality.”
The tie will be available online and retail at $25 with all proceeds going toward Ferguson and Mikita’s Tie the Knot organization which supports marriage equality.
Brittny Drye is the senior editor at Equally Wed, the nation’s premier online magazine for gay and lesbian weddings and honeymoons. Follow her on Twitter @BrittnyDrye or drop her a line directly here.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC