By Brittny Drye
After successfully debuting the Braid Bar last summer, noted celebrity hairstylist John Barrett added the Ponytail Bar to his salon’s services, located in Bergdorf Goodman’s Fifth Avenue store in New York City, just last month.
This new pony prodigy features a salon menu of six styles to choose from, customizing the look in countless ways, for a base price of $50: the high pony, mid-crown pony, sculpted pony, braided pony, low pony and top knot.
Aiming for a quick and fast turnover rate, talented stylists tailor your tresses into a red-carpet ready updo in under 30 minutes. The bare-minimum side of the salon is noticeably more simple than the other side, with nothing more than a tray of bands and bobby pins highlighting each vanity (if your hair requires curling, the proper tools are available). This suds-free service is ideal for special occasions, such as an engagement party, bachelorette soiree or bridal shower, though we wouldn’t recommend it for weddings, as part of the styling strategy is to get you in and out quickly (not something you’d want for your wedding day). However, it’s hard to beat $50 for a top salon-styled ‘do in New York City.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Marriage equality passes in Northern Ireland
- Hong Kong rules against marriage equality
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal