By Brittny Drye
After successfully debuting the Braid Bar last summer, noted celebrity hairstylist John Barrett added the Ponytail Bar to his salon’s services, located in Bergdorf Goodman’s Fifth Avenue store in New York City, just last month.
This new pony prodigy features a salon menu of six styles to choose from, customizing the look in countless ways, for a base price of $50: the high pony, mid-crown pony, sculpted pony, braided pony, low pony and top knot.
Aiming for a quick and fast turnover rate, talented stylists tailor your tresses into a red-carpet ready updo in under 30 minutes. The bare-minimum side of the salon is noticeably more simple than the other side, with nothing more than a tray of bands and bobby pins highlighting each vanity (if your hair requires curling, the proper tools are available). This suds-free service is ideal for special occasions, such as an engagement party, bachelorette soiree or bridal shower, though we wouldn’t recommend it for weddings, as part of the styling strategy is to get you in and out quickly (not something you’d want for your wedding day). However, it’s hard to beat $50 for a top salon-styled ‘do in New York City.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal