In her new book, Spoken From the Heart, former first lady Laura Bush reveals to the world how she feels about same-sex marriage—and it’s not in opposition, like her husband former President George W. Bush. While it’s most definitely nice to have the Republican’s support, it would have been better for her to do this when her husband was in office and she had more influence over the country’s opinion. Still, we need our allies, and we’re happy to have her in the fight for marriage equality. Thanks for speaking out, Laura!
What are your thoughts? Happy to have her support or a little too late?
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- LGBTQ+ family planning: be the parents you’ve always dreamed of with the help of Cryos
- These Disney LGBTQ+ weddings are pure magic
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee