Dana and Kat had their engagement session outdoors in a private residence in Oregon. This couple have been together for four years now, and when they first met they started slow and took their time to get to know one another as friends first. Patience is truly a virtue! In a few months, they’re going to tie the knot at an arboretem in Portland.
FROM THE PHOTOGRAPHER
Dana and Kat met online in early March of 2012, connecting over the book “Wild Feminine” by Tami Lynn Kent. Kat intuited that someone would comment about that particular book and sure enough, Dana took the bait. On March 24, 2012, they met in person for coffee, which turned into a walk, which turned into dinner. Dana called Kat the next day to let her know that she’d like to date, but Kat said, “let’s be friends and get to know each other first!” Dana felt a little rejected, but was not discouraged. By July they were officially dating.
Their engagement was a little bit non-traditional in that Dana asked Kat repeatedly to marry her, but Kat was not ready and kept turning down her request. Finally, in February of 2015, with Dana down on one knee in their kitchen, Kat said yes without hesitation or second guessing. The couple are taking their time planning their wedding. After nineteen months of engagement, Kat and Dana will say their vows at Hoyt Arboretum in Portland, Oregon. Recently we made some engagement portraits and we had the best time. They donned some simple casual attire and we met up at a park on a beautiful morning in Salem, Oregon. We all laughed a lot that day, to the point of tears at times.
Photography: Kel Ward Photography
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal