Dana and Kat had their engagement session outdoors in a private residence in Oregon. This couple have been together for four years now, and when they first met they started slow and took their time to get to know one another as friends first. Patience is truly a virtue! In a few months, they’re going to tie the knot at an arboretem in Portland.
FROM THE PHOTOGRAPHER
Dana and Kat met online in early March of 2012, connecting over the book “Wild Feminine” by Tami Lynn Kent. Kat intuited that someone would comment about that particular book and sure enough, Dana took the bait. On March 24, 2012, they met in person for coffee, which turned into a walk, which turned into dinner. Dana called Kat the next day to let her know that she’d like to date, but Kat said, “let’s be friends and get to know each other first!” Dana felt a little rejected, but was not discouraged. By July they were officially dating.
Their engagement was a little bit non-traditional in that Dana asked Kat repeatedly to marry her, but Kat was not ready and kept turning down her request. Finally, in February of 2015, with Dana down on one knee in their kitchen, Kat said yes without hesitation or second guessing. The couple are taking their time planning their wedding. After nineteen months of engagement, Kat and Dana will say their vows at Hoyt Arboretum in Portland, Oregon. Recently we made some engagement portraits and we had the best time. They donned some simple casual attire and we met up at a park on a beautiful morning in Salem, Oregon. We all laughed a lot that day, to the point of tears at times.
Photography: Kel Ward Photography
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Follow Equally Wed on Instagram!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding