By Alyssandra Barnes
The best part about the chilly fall and winter months: delicious pies. Thanksgiving and Christmas are filled with them, but what better place to showcase home cooking than at the wedding? The one painfully obvious drawback is that pies can be extremely messy, especially classic flavors like cherry and apple. And the last thing you need is a stain on that beautiful wedding outfit. Skip the disaster prone slices and try pie pops instead.
All the craze (following the extremely popular cake-pop fad), these pie pops are mess-free and too cute for words.
To actually share that neighborhood-famous family recipe, Borrowed and Bleu offers a nifty DIY post for strawberry-rhubarb pie pops. (Luckily, they also include other filling recipes for those non-rhubarb fans.) The recipe makes eight pops, which makes a couple batches great for a small, intimate wedding.
But for those guests lists that stretch into the three digits, being that personal with refreshments is impractical. Piecorps and Cake Walk Desserts are services that provide custom and predesigned pie pops for your wedding.
Whether these tasty treats are crafted in the kitchen or shipped to your front door, they will add a unique pop to your wedding.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- A destination elopement in Iceland with freshly picked blue lupine bouquets for pansexual brides
- Sunlit San Francisco wedding with evening boat cruise
- Traditional Episcopal wedding with quirky DIY touches
- Canadian DIY loft wedding filled with color
- Laid-back Colorado mountain wedding with floral triangle arch