By Alyssandra Barnes
The best part about the chilly fall and winter months: delicious pies. Thanksgiving and Christmas are filled with them, but what better place to showcase home cooking than at the wedding? The one painfully obvious drawback is that pies can be extremely messy, especially classic flavors like cherry and apple. And the last thing you need is a stain on that beautiful wedding outfit. Skip the disaster prone slices and try pie pops instead.
All the craze (following the extremely popular cake-pop fad), these pie pops are mess-free and too cute for words.
To actually share that neighborhood-famous family recipe, Borrowed and Bleu offers a nifty DIY post for strawberry-rhubarb pie pops. (Luckily, they also include other filling recipes for those non-rhubarb fans.) The recipe makes eight pops, which makes a couple batches great for a small, intimate wedding.
But for those guests lists that stretch into the three digits, being that personal with refreshments is impractical. Piecorps and Cake Walk Desserts are services that provide custom and predesigned pie pops for your wedding.
Whether these tasty treats are crafted in the kitchen or shipped to your front door, they will add a unique pop to your wedding.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL