Planning the big day generally involves a lot of spending and oftentimes brides, grooms and brooms start worrying about their carbon footprint with all the products, vendors, gas and services used. Lucky for us, Liz Johnston, an eco-friendly expert and owner of the Greener Good, a green lifestyle boutique, offers some great tips for a greener wedding.
Green Wedding Tips
By Liz Johnston
1. Use living flower arrangements on tables.
2. Shop for gorgeous vintage dresses/tuxes.
3. Give vintage rings when you exchange your vows.
4. Make sure the diamonds you buy are certified “conflict-free.”
5. Ask your guests to offset their travel as a wedding present to you.
6. Use post-consumer recycled paper, tree free paper and recyclable paper for invitations, programs, etc.
7. Pick bridesmaids dresses that can be worn again.
8. Wear family accessories, borrow from a friend or buy vintage.
9. Use branches, leaves, berries and other natural items as table decorations.
10. Use the bouquets as centerpieces.
11. Serve organic food, wine and beer.
12. Use real plates and linens instead of disposables.
13. Donate the centerpieces and flowers to a hospital or retirement/nursing home.
14. Share pictures digitally.
15. Give organic chocolate or soy candles as favors.
16. Register with The Greener Good, of course!
The Greener Good recently launched a bridal registry offering a wide range of beautiful and useful items with for the home and family, all with a greener twist. National shipping and online registry is available. For more information, visit www.thegreenergood.com.
OUR PREFERRED PLATINUM VENDORS
- Relaxed and cozy wedding in the German countryside
- 5 products that will help you hide an engagement ring before proposing
- Modern industrial wedding ideas with blue, green and purple focus
- Enchanting Poconos wedding surrounded by lush greenery and waterfalls
- Autumn engagement session in Texas with joyful lake photos