Surf’s Up: How to Choose a Honeymoon Swimsuit Length
By Gregory E. Miller
There’s no better time to upgrade your swimwear than in preparation for your big honeymoon. You’re starting a new life chapter, so it’s probably time to move on from that ill-fitting pair of shorts you’ve been wearing for the last five years. Follow these simple tips to find the right length for you.
If you’re on the shorter side: Choose a pair that hits somewhere between ¾ and ½ inches between the knee and hip. Anything longer will stump your figure, and the extra leg showing will elongate your body.
Aquatic Green 7-inch Board Shorts, J. Crew, $43.60
If you’re on the taller side: Your shorts should hit at or just below the knee. Don’t be tempted to buy board shorts that go halfway down the calf—you’ll only look like you’re trying to hide something.
Top to Bottom Navy Boardshorts, Quiksilver, $46
If you’re mega-fit: You can go for the short shorts. But avoid loud patterns and bright colors, unless you plan on go-go dancing afterwards.
Marc by Marc Jacobs Brushstroke Camo Swim Short, Barney’s, $128
If you’re human: No hibiscus print, ever. I’m talking to you, 1997 Old Navy fans.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning private beach elopement in Moorea
- Joyous park engagement session in Washington with canine cameos
- State Dept. should allow embassies to advocate for marriage equality, Democrats say
- How to pick the perfect proposal spot
- Bright and joyful wedding at a Los Angeles automobile museum
- Sunny South Carolina elopement surrounded by greenery
- Elegant micro wedding ideas with live music and chic blue cake
- Lance Bass & Michael Turchin can’t stop gushing about their newborn twins
- Oklahoma elopement in the Wichita Mountains with enchanting all-black attire
- Creative LGBTQ+ wedding ideas for your clients
- This couple transformed their home into a fabulous wedding venue
- Botswana court of appeals hears case on decriminalization of homosexuality
- Cozy at home proposal with coffee and kisses
- Cardi B surprise officiated a lesbian wedding with help from Raven Symoné
- Keep an eye out for these 2022 wedding trends
- September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
- Lesbian brides accidentally wore the same dress and the first look photos are priceless
- Glowing sunset wedding in Glacier National Park
- Dreamy greenhouse engagement session in New Jersey
- How to choose a wedding hairstyle