Two women got married minutes after same-sex marriage became legal in Austria
Shortly after midnight on Tuesday, January 1, 2019, two women became the first same-sex couple to get legally married in Austria. Nicole Kopaunik and Daniela Paier, both 37, wed in a ceremony in Velden, southern Austria after being engaged for four years.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- These brides celebrated their love with a magical forest wedding at IslandWood on Bainbridge Island, Washington
- Create an unforgettable mezze station for your wedding celebration
- Bright orange, yellow and pink pop as spring wedding colors
- 5 things worth spending money on at your wedding
- A summer fairy-tale wedding at a historic chateau for two Black brides