Dapper bow ties, rustic touches and gorgeous lighting made David and Scott’s outdoor wedding an inspiring event.
FROM THE PHOTOGRAPHER
Although Dave and Scott worked right across the street from one another at UC Davis, it took the internet to bring them together—OKCupid to be exact. On their first date, they met up at a local coffee shop and chatted about Dave’s upcoming trip to India. Scott had lived there before attending UC Davis’ law school, so they already had a few things in common. Turns out, they figured out they were really good for one another. We are “perfect foils,” quotes Scott. He’s the more serious of the two, while Dave is eternally optimistic and has no patience for cynicism.
Despite their differences, the couple do share one important quality in common — they love to laugh, joke and be ridiculous as often as possible. According to Dave, they had to wait 3 years to get married because that was “respectable.” They chose UC Davis’ campus as their venue since that was the first place they met.
Photography: Ryan Greenleaf Photography
Event Planner: Kate Whelan Events
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- These are the top destinations for LGBTQ+ Pride events this year
- 11 wedding hats that will make your day as dapper as possible
- Should you both propose? 4 questions to consider before asking
- This fall countryside wedding has all the moody, romantic vibes you need
- 5 spring weddings we love that make great seasonal inspiration
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage
- 5 things I’ve learned about LGBTQ+ weddings as an Equally Wed editor
- Tropical destination white beach wedding in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Harry Potter wedding ideas for an absolutely magical day
- This couple took photos with their dog at Downeast Cider in Boston