Dapper bow ties, rustic touches and gorgeous lighting made David and Scott’s outdoor wedding an inspiring event.
FROM THE PHOTOGRAPHER
Although Dave and Scott worked right across the street from one another at UC Davis, it took the internet to bring them together—OKCupid to be exact. On their first date, they met up at a local coffee shop and chatted about Dave’s upcoming trip to India. Scott had lived there before attending UC Davis’ law school, so they already had a few things in common. Turns out, they figured out they were really good for one another. We are “perfect foils,” quotes Scott. He’s the more serious of the two, while Dave is eternally optimistic and has no patience for cynicism.
Despite their differences, the couple do share one important quality in common — they love to laugh, joke and be ridiculous as often as possible. According to Dave, they had to wait 3 years to get married because that was “respectable.” They chose UC Davis’ campus as their venue since that was the first place they met.
Photography: Ryan Greenleaf Photography
Event Planner: Kate Whelan Events
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot