Intimate DIY Australian wedding on the water
Dana and Shelly’s intimate Australian wedding involved DIY decor and florals. With gorgeous ocean views, along with friends and family who traveled from far and wide to be there, the celebration was filled with unending joy.
The couple’s advice to other LGBTQ+ people planning a wedding: Relax.
“Enjoy the planning process together,” they say. “Choose a few areas that are the most important to you both and make them your big ticket purchases (Music, food, photographer).”
“Set a budget and stick to it. It’s so easy to pick up things that aren’t necessary or even used on the big day. Most of all, check in with each other along the way and make sure you are both happy with the decision! Communication is key. Don’t sweat the small stuff and split the work based on each person’s strong suit.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Yvonne Law Photography
DJ: DJ Impressions
Cake: Quincy Lane
Bar: Serve it up Sydney
Wedding Car: Kombi Experience
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples