Dana and Shelly’s intimate Australian wedding involved DIY decor and florals. With gorgeous ocean views, along with friends and family who traveled from far and wide to be there, the celebration was filled with unending joy.
The couple’s advice to other LGBTQ+ people planning a wedding: Relax.
“Enjoy the planning process together,” they say. “Choose a few areas that are the most important to you both and make them your big ticket purchases (Music, food, photographer).”
“Set a budget and stick to it. It’s so easy to pick up things that aren’t necessary or even used on the big day. Most of all, check in with each other along the way and make sure you are both happy with the decision! Communication is key. Don’t sweat the small stuff and split the work based on each person’s strong suit.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Yvonne Law Photography
DJ: DJ Impressions
Cake: Quincy Lane
Bar: Serve it up Sydney
Wedding Car: Kombi Experience
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Elegant outdoor wedding in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, for two expats
- Remembering The Day: How To Make Wedding Magic Last A Lifetime
- A destination elopement in Iceland with freshly picked blue lupine bouquets for pansexual brides
- Sunlit San Francisco wedding with evening boat cruise
- Traditional Episcopal wedding with quirky DIY touches