Intimate DIY Australian wedding on the water
Dana and Shelly’s intimate Australian wedding involved DIY decor and florals. With gorgeous ocean views, along with friends and family who traveled from far and wide to be there, the celebration was filled with unending joy.
The couple’s advice to other LGBTQ+ people planning a wedding: Relax.
“Enjoy the planning process together,” they say. “Choose a few areas that are the most important to you both and make them your big ticket purchases (Music, food, photographer).”
“Set a budget and stick to it. It’s so easy to pick up things that aren’t necessary or even used on the big day. Most of all, check in with each other along the way and make sure you are both happy with the decision! Communication is key. Don’t sweat the small stuff and split the work based on each person’s strong suit.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Yvonne Law Photography
DJ: DJ Impressions
Cake: Quincy Lane
Bar: Serve it up Sydney
Wedding Car: Kombi Experience
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Cultural appropriations to avoid at your wedding
- 10 of our favorite LGBTQ+ Pride weddings
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds