Intimate DIY Australian wedding on the water
Dana and Shelly’s intimate Australian wedding involved DIY decor and florals. With gorgeous ocean views, along with friends and family who traveled from far and wide to be there, the celebration was filled with unending joy.
The couple’s advice to other LGBTQ+ people planning a wedding: Relax.
“Enjoy the planning process together,” they say. “Choose a few areas that are the most important to you both and make them your big ticket purchases (Music, food, photographer).”
“Set a budget and stick to it. It’s so easy to pick up things that aren’t necessary or even used on the big day. Most of all, check in with each other along the way and make sure you are both happy with the decision! Communication is key. Don’t sweat the small stuff and split the work based on each person’s strong suit.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Yvonne Law Photography
DJ: DJ Impressions
Cake: Quincy Lane
Bar: Serve it up Sydney
Wedding Car: Kombi Experience
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings