Definition: A woman who identifies with neither of the heterosexist descriptions ascribed to the terms “bride” or “groom.” This woman is usually butch and carries herself in a masculine manner.
Origin of use: During the planning of Equally Wed Founders Kirsten Ott Palladino and Maria Palladino’s wedding, when Maria didn’t feel comfortable being called the bride or the groom.
First known use: 2008.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee
- A historic vote could legalize same-sex marriage in Northern Ireland
- Intimate spring beach elopement in Naples, Florida