Definition: A woman who identifies with neither of the heterosexist descriptions ascribed to the terms “bride” or “groom.” This woman is usually butch and carries herself in a masculine manner.
Origin of use: During the planning of Equally Wed Founders Kirsten Ott Palladino and Maria Palladino’s wedding, when Maria didn’t feel comfortable being called the bride or the groom.
First known use: 2008.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- A destination elopement in Iceland with freshly picked blue lupine bouquets for pansexual brides
- Sunlit San Francisco wedding with evening boat cruise
- Traditional Episcopal wedding with quirky DIY touches
- Canadian DIY loft wedding filled with color
- Laid-back Colorado mountain wedding with floral triangle arch