Definition: A woman who identifies with neither of the heterosexist descriptions ascribed to the terms “bride” or “groom.” This woman is usually butch and carries herself in a masculine manner.
Origin of use: During the planning of Equally Wed Founders Kirsten Ott Palladino and Maria Palladino’s wedding, when Maria didn’t feel comfortable being called the bride or the groom.
First known use: 2008.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal