By Kathleen Furey
Every bride and groom wants to have that magical face glow on their big day. Although you will be blushing, a face mask can give an extra boost. Here at Equally Wed, we know that spa facial treatments can be expensive, and in this economy, we all need to save where we can. We found three quick DIY face mask recipes, one for each skin type, that contain ingredients found right in your kitchen cabinets!
Again, you want to glow on your wedding day, not shine. A banana mask helps soothe skin and control the slick. All you need is a banana (preferably ripe), one tablespoon of honey and an orange or lemon. Mix the banana and honey together. Add a few drops of juice from the lemon or orange. Apply to face and leave on for fifteen minutes. Rinse with a lukewarm washcloth.
Dry skin is a pain—it can be flaky, itchy and dull. Luckily, an avocado mask is a great way to moisturize. All you need is the meat of an avocado. Mash it into a creamy texture. Apply to face. Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, followed by a splash of cold water to help close up pores.
Having sensitive skin is like walking on pins and needles. One false move and your face is as red as a stop sign. Again, you want a nice blush on your wedding day, not a look that will have people asking if you spent too much time in the sun. This oatmeal mask is super gentle and simple to make. Just take half a cup of oatmeal and mix with one cup of plain yogurt. Apply and leave on face for 10 minutes. Rinse with cool water. The protein in the oatmeal and yogurt help to reduce redness, and leaves your face super smooth.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal