By Kathleen Furey
Every bride and groom wants to have that magical face glow on their big day. Although you will be blushing, a face mask can give an extra boost. Here at Equally Wed, we know that spa facial treatments can be expensive, and in this economy, we all need to save where we can. We found three quick DIY face mask recipes, one for each skin type, that contain ingredients found right in your kitchen cabinets!
Again, you want to glow on your wedding day, not shine. A banana mask helps soothe skin and control the slick. All you need is a banana (preferably ripe), one tablespoon of honey and an orange or lemon. Mix the banana and honey together. Add a few drops of juice from the lemon or orange. Apply to face and leave on for fifteen minutes. Rinse with a lukewarm washcloth.
Dry skin is a pain—it can be flaky, itchy and dull. Luckily, an avocado mask is a great way to moisturize. All you need is the meat of an avocado. Mash it into a creamy texture. Apply to face. Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, followed by a splash of cold water to help close up pores.
Having sensitive skin is like walking on pins and needles. One false move and your face is as red as a stop sign. Again, you want a nice blush on your wedding day, not a look that will have people asking if you spent too much time in the sun. This oatmeal mask is super gentle and simple to make. Just take half a cup of oatmeal and mix with one cup of plain yogurt. Apply and leave on face for 10 minutes. Rinse with cool water. The protein in the oatmeal and yogurt help to reduce redness, and leaves your face super smooth.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Marriage equality passes in Northern Ireland
- Hong Kong rules against marriage equality
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal