3 Tips for Choosing a Budget Wedding Cake
A wedding is incomplete without a cake. Many people also come to celebrate the union, with cake-eating being a highlight of the event. This sweet indulgence takes time and resources to prepare and present. Failure to meet your expectations and that of your guests can take a toll on you and ruin the whole occasion. You can satisfy this necessity without hurting your finances. To avoid ruining this sweet detail due to budgetary constrictions, apply these crucial tips when choosing a cake:
1) Preferred Baker
There are many bakers out there, but very few are willing to consider your requests or honor your wishes as you would want them effected. Most bakers charge for services provided based on a pre-set price list. This can be quite costly for you if their services do not meet your preferences.
Your preferred baker should consider your requests and honor your wishes. He or she should also offer professional advice on alternative options. The baker can also offer ways to reduce your budget with your current plans.
Before choosing a baker, consider his or her terms of payment. Some accept a payment plan such as paying after the occasion or paying in installments. This helps in proper budgeting and cushions you from making losses if they fail to deliver. To get a baker who is willing to bend and meet your needs, visit https://weddingcakesaustralia.com.au. Here, you will get recommendations on some of the best Australian bakers as well as get ideas on the best cake that would fit your occasion.
2) Ingredients and Flavors Used
There are many cake options out there. Their difference is brought about by the flavors and ingredients used. The lesser the ingredients, the lesser the cost. You can get a traditional wedding cake. These types require very few ingredients, and they can be easily made by any baker.
Flavor costs differ. Some require immense preparations and are hard to find. Go for locally available ingredients that you can easily get from a local store, home or garden. This reduces the cost greatly. Avoid mixing flavors as this can increase the costs. Some ingredients used also increase aftercare costs leading to hiked prices. Some cakes such as ice-cream cake require refrigeration that can add to the cost greatly. Some require special packaging, and this can be costly too. Consider a naked cake as it cuts the cost of extra toppings and cream used.
Cakes are mostly billed based on the number of slices and the design used. You can go for fewer slices to reduce the cost of each piece while leaving your guests satisfied. The cake design also contributes a lot to the pricing. Go for a simple design as they cost less. Also, reduce the décor such as hand-made flowers and extra additions on the cake since this can cost a fortune.
Tier cakes are also costly. You should avoid them. Too much flesh is cut from the cake to create some designs. This can contribute to less cake for your guests or force you to dig deeper for more cake. The transportation costs for tier cakes and complicated designs can be costly since some cannot be separated. Consider simple pieces of cakes that you can transport easily and separately. This reduces the cost and the risk of ruining the cake in case of any eventuality.
Equally Wed Editors
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Thai activists continue to fight for marriage equality after court rules against it
- Stunning adventure elopement at Oregon’s Mt. Hood
- Youtuber Cammie Scott proposes to girlfriend in epic ode to 10 Things I Hate About You
- 5 of our favorite LGBTQ celebrity engagements of 2021
- Romantic Zoom wedding eight years in the making
- Seaside South Carolina proposal on horseback
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden