Anne Hathaway Donates Proceeds from Sale of Wedding Photos to Marriage Equality Nonprofits
Newlywed Anne Hathaway is basking in the glow of wedding bliss with her husband, Adam Shulman. We’re thrilled for them, of course, but what really pops our champagne bottles is that the 29-year-old actress is donating a portion of the sales from her September wedding pictures to nonprofits advocating for marriage for same-sex couples, according to FreedomToMarry.Org.
Hathaway will also reportedly donate some of the profits to the American Cancer Society, St. Jude Children’s Research and The Girl Effect.
E! Online writer Rebecca Macatee writes that the “Les Misérables star and her husband worked with Freedom to Marry’s National Engagement Party, helping to raise $500,000 for the Win More States Fund.
Proceeds were strategically channeled into the four states—Maine, Maryland, Minnesota and Washington—where marriage is on the ballot this Election Day.” Hathaway, who has a gay brother, called being gay “no big deal” in her household, during a speech she gave when she accepted an award from the Human Rights Campaign in 2008, saying, “When my brother came out, we hugged him, said we loved him, and that was that.”
WATCH ANNE HATHAWAY’S SPEECH AT HRC DINNER:
An award-winning writer and editor, Kirsten Ott Palladino is the nation’s premier gay and lesbian weddings expert. Subscribe to her posts on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter. Or drop her a line directly.
Photo: IMDB.com / Video: YouTube.com
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH