Asking for money as a wedding gift: OK or no way?
Money can’t buy happiness but it sure AF makes things easier in many regards. How do you feel about asking for money as a wedding gift? Have you ever been asked for cash and felt happy to give it to a couple getting married or were you offended? Are you asking for cash for your wedding? How did you phrase it—and how do you plan on using the money?
You may use the comment thread on this page to discuss wedding gifts of cash—the asking for, the giving and the receiving, or to pursue other points of off-topic, freewheeling discourse. As always, please remain respectful of each other.
Equally Wed Editors
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Parents magazine has its first cover with gay parents, and conservatives are mad
- Winter wedding décor elements to bring the season to life
- I never came out to my grandmother, and then her funeral came
- Fall mountain wedding in Aspen, Colorado
- 6 truths I’ve learned in 10 years of dating my high school sweetheart
- Everything I lost when I started dating my best friend
- Joy-filled engagement photos in Oyster Bay, New York
- LGBTQ+ honeymoon spotlight: Cape Town, South Africa
- Open marriage, transitioning and play parties: one couple’s story of their thriving poly love life
- You’ll want to a be a guest at this couple’s Beauty and the Beast inspired wedding