Asking for money as a wedding gift: OK or no way?
Money can’t buy happiness but it sure AF makes things easier in many regards. How do you feel about asking for money as a wedding gift? Have you ever been asked for cash and felt happy to give it to a couple getting married or were you offended? Are you asking for cash for your wedding? How did you phrase it—and how do you plan on using the money?
You may use the comment thread on this page to discuss wedding gifts of cash—the asking for, the giving and the receiving, or to pursue other points of off-topic, freewheeling discourse. As always, please remain respectful of each other.
Equally Wed Editors
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California