Asking for money as a wedding gift: OK or no way?
Money can’t buy happiness but it sure AF makes things easier in many regards. How do you feel about asking for money as a wedding gift? Have you ever been asked for cash and felt happy to give it to a couple getting married or were you offended? Are you asking for cash for your wedding? How did you phrase it—and how do you plan on using the money?
You may use the comment thread on this page to discuss wedding gifts of cash—the asking for, the giving and the receiving, or to pursue other points of off-topic, freewheeling discourse. As always, please remain respectful of each other.
Equally Wed Editors
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day