Becca and Gesa’s engagement photography session comes to us from Sonya Lalla Photography, a husband-and-wife team in St. Louis, Missouri. Becca and Gesa’s photos offer up an ethereal, romantic wrap-me-up-in-your-love feeling that I’m completely smitten with. The “12” tattooed on both of their wedding-ring fingers has an edgy, modern thrill with a “we’re in this forever” message. This couple gives off a vibe of everything I think a relationship should offer: love, romance, comfort, safety, friendship, chemistry, dependability and happily ever after. —Kirsten Ott Palladino
From Gesa: “Becca and I met through mutual friends around Thanksgiving in 2008 at Layal’s, a local hookah bar. We started going out December 12. We were there when the hookah bar closed its doors for good. It was symbolic for us that we were there for it’s closing considering it brought us together.
We got engaged on our anniversary on 12/12/11 at the Moonrise Hotel. I purchased a quarter gumball machine from eBay and filled it with fake rings and placed the Moonrise Hotel logo on each side to make it look like it belonged in the room. Hers was the second one to come out. Obviously she said yes!
We will be getting married this year on our five-year anniversary in snowy Vermont (since same-sex marriages aren’t legal in Missouri yet); our friends and families will join us for our reception at the Palladium in St. Louis two days after Christmas.”
Photos by Sonya Lalla Photography
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- LGBTQ+ honeymoon destination: Iceland
- Inclusive Wedding Fair debuts in Fayetteville, Tennessee
- Sunny outdoor Canadian wedding with haystack photos and geometric arch
- Cottagecore wedding ideas with poetry, tarot cards, and pagan altar
- Sunny Sedona elopement with picnic and guitar
- 5 wedding headpiece trends you’ll see in 2022
- Grand Las Vegas proposal with candles, rose petals, and light boxes
- Drag queen wedding inspiration with flowing floral gown and cotton candy wall
- Israel legalizes surrogacy for LGBTQ+ couples
- LGBTQ+ wedding titles: bride, groom, marrier and more!
- Fairytale outdoor wedding in New Jersey with whimsical decor and endless greenery
- Black and gold Hollywood wedding at The Ebell of Los Angeles