Britain Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage, Queen Approves
Britain on Wednesday legalized gay marriage after Queen Elizabeth II gave her royal stamp of approval, clearing the way for the first same-sex weddings next summer.
Lawmakers cheered as House of Commons Speaker John Bercow said royal assent had been given — one day after the bill to legalize same-sex marriage in England and Wales cleared Parliament.
The queen’s approval was a formality and is the last step necessary for a bill to become law.
OUR PREFERRED PLATINUM VENDORS
- City hall elopement with delectable orange and white autumn cake
- Bold and boundless wedding ideas with rich blues and purples
- “Just because” plant shop photo session with rainbow wall celebrates love and a new puppy
- Moody fall picnic proposal ideas with cheeseboard and bottled cocktails
- Relaxed and cozy wedding in the German countryside