By Ryan Roschke
Sometimes it’s hard to find the perfect matching accessory. You always want the product you find to match what you see in your head! And if there’s one thing you should keep in mind when shopping, it’s never settle for less than what you’re looking for.
Turns out bow ties are no exception. They are a great opportunity to have a standout piece that’s cute, fashionable and doesn’t make an over-the-top statement. If you’re having trouble finding the one you want, never fear! Have you ever thought about making it?
We found an awesome DIY tutorial, courtesy of A Beautiful Mess, a blog full of other DIYs, recipes and daily inspiration.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
One piece of fabric, measuring 9” x 4.5”
A matching smaller piece of fabric, measuring 1.25” x 2.5”
Fusible interfacing (same measurements as the large piece).
A needle and thread
A small bow tie clip (you can buy some from Etsy.com under “supplies”)
Click here for the full tutorial!
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights