Forever Meaningful: Wedding Brooch Bouquets
Ever since brooch bouquets made their debut a few years ago, the wedding world hasn’t been able to get enough. It’s easy to see why: They’re creative, unique, mess-free, last forever and you don’t have to worry about the flowers staying fresh. And they’re absolutely gorgeous! Maybe even more so than traditional floral arrangements.
One of the greatest things about brooch bouquets is that you can use family heirlooms and your own favorite pieces to personalize your bouquet (Need I say Kurt’s hippo brooch from Glee would be perfect?). If no specifics come to mind, I’m sure great aunt Jane will be more than happy to show off her collection.
Making your own bouquet can be a practical way to save money. Beth Blinebury Design Blog offers an easy-to-follow tutorial for an easy DIY brooch bouquet (finished product pictured above). You’ll need floral wire, a Styrofoam ball, white tulle, wooden dowel and white chiffon. And, of course, plenty of brooches. The collection of different colors, textures and styles guarantee your personality to shine through.
If DIY projects aren’t really something you (or your wife-to-be) do, there are many venues that will create a brooch bouquet for you. They can be tailored especially for your wedding, or you can choose from an assortment of pre-made beauties if one of the items perfectly strike your fancy.
Brooch Bouquets by Amada Jane have bouquets starting at $375. This company has been featured on My Fair Wedding with David Tutera and numerous bridal publications. These bouquets are created by Amanda using brooches and jewelry that you personally select. Bridal Brooch Bouquets is another company that creates personalized bouquets.
If you don’t happen to have any brooches or jewels to create your own bouquet, Blue Petyl Bouquets have striking premade pieces. The Ritzy Rose also has ready-to-ship bouquets in many different styles and color palates. Always and Forever Brooch Bouquets also provides some great options.
Alyssandra Barnes is a contributing writer for Equally Wed, the nation’s premier online magazine for gay and lesbian weddings and honeymoons. Read her bio here.
Image Copyright Jacquline Schlossman/Readyluck
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Wild child Southwest wedding at Rimrock Ranch in Pioneertown, California
- Why you should absolutely do a post-wedding photo shoot
- 11 winter wedding looks we love
- How to celebrate your anniversary when it’s in the winter
- LGBTQ+ weddings make weddings better—for everyone
- Trump administration wants to allow religious child welfare agencies to reject LGBTQ+ families
- Summer citrus wedding inspiration at historic post office
- Costa Rica’s ‘Si, acepto’ campaign promotes LGBTQ+ acceptance ahead of marriage equality
- Vintage travel-inspired fall barn wedding in Mickleton, New Jersey
- Elegant garden wedding at historic mansion in Hudson, New York