Gay Military Homecoming Film for Marriage Equality [VIDEO]
By Brittny Drye
An indie short film titled Homecoming, from the UK’s Coalition for Equal Marriage organization, is sweeping the Internet and rallying support for the proposed plan to legally recognize same-sex marriage in the UK.
The first of its kind from across the pond to tackle the civil rights issue through social media, it features the reunion of a soldier coming home to his sweetheart, and dropping to one knee, with a powerful line “All Men Can Be Heroes, All Men Can Be Husbands,” that is sure to send tears streaming.
Produced by award-winning filmmaker Mike Buonaiuto, the film “looks to tackle the opposition head on, arguing if all have the right to serve in British military regardless of sexuality, then all should be able celebrate their love and commitment with civil marriage, free from discrimination,” the young director tells Towleroad.com.
“One day I would like to marry my partner of almost 5 years,” says Buonaiuto. “And the celebration of our commitment should mean no more or less than any other straight couple. I made the film to promote change and also inspire others to use their creativity to support equality.”
Watch the video:
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples
- How we chose our wedding party and asked them to share the day with us
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage
- Moody engagement photos at Avalon Park & Preserve
- Planning your wedding music (for your fabulous gay wedding)
- Modern, sophisticated wedding in Washington, D.C.
- Quirky, fun vegan elopement in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Why you should absolutely include your dog in your wedding
- Trump policy affecting citizenship of children born abroad could impact LGBTQ+ families
- Presqu’ile Winery, an LGBTQ+ inclusive Southern California wedding venue