Gay Military Homecoming Film for Marriage Equality [VIDEO]
By Brittny Drye
An indie short film titled Homecoming, from the UK’s Coalition for Equal Marriage organization, is sweeping the Internet and rallying support for the proposed plan to legally recognize same-sex marriage in the UK.
The first of its kind from across the pond to tackle the civil rights issue through social media, it features the reunion of a soldier coming home to his sweetheart, and dropping to one knee, with a powerful line “All Men Can Be Heroes, All Men Can Be Husbands,” that is sure to send tears streaming.
Produced by award-winning filmmaker Mike Buonaiuto, the film “looks to tackle the opposition head on, arguing if all have the right to serve in British military regardless of sexuality, then all should be able celebrate their love and commitment with civil marriage, free from discrimination,” the young director tells Towleroad.com.
“One day I would like to marry my partner of almost 5 years,” says Buonaiuto. “And the celebration of our commitment should mean no more or less than any other straight couple. I made the film to promote change and also inspire others to use their creativity to support equality.”
Watch the video:
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day