Get Gourd-Geous: 5 DIY Pumpkin Beauty Treatments
As the chill of autumn air begins to descend, your skin is in need of some serious TLC. Use the season’s favorite gourd, the pumpkin, to help bring your epidermis back to its pre-wedding skin state. Rich in vitamins A, C and zinc, pumpkins give your skin a dose of nourishment while helping to protect against free radicals, replenish from cold, dry weather, and scrub off dead skin cells.
These simple pumpkin-based spa treatments will work wonders and leave your skin with a healthy, gourd-geous glow. After all, what else are you going to use all of those still-lingering Halloween decorations for?
Pumpkin Body Scrub: Combine ½ cup of cooked pureed pumpkin and ¼ cup of brown sugar in a bowl. Scrub mixture into skin in circular motions and wash off with warm water.
Pumpkin Face Mask: Whisk ¼ cup of pumpkin and one egg, adding in a splash of milk. If you have dry skin, throw in a bit of honey, which acts as a humectant; for oily skin mix in a splash of apple cider. Apply to face and leave on for approximately 20 minutes.
Pumpkin Facial Scrub: Mix ½ cup of pureed pumpkin, 3 tablespoons of sugar and ½ teaspoon of pumpkin seed oil into a thick paste. Apply to face, gently scrubbing in a circular motion. Leave on for five minutes and rinse.
Still have some pumpkin left over? Here are a few other pumpkin DIY beauty treatments to try, a perfect seasonal twist to pre-wedding pampering with groomsmen or bridesmaids:
Pumpkin Hair Mask: Combine one cup of cooked (or canned) pumpkin with four tablespoons of coconut oil, blending in a food processor. Apply to hair and cover with a shower cap, leaving on for 30 minutes. Wash mixture out and shampoo.
Pumpkin Pedicure: Blend ½ cup of pureed pumpkin, an egg, and ½ teaspoon of honey, then apply mixture to your feet and calves. Wrap in saran wrap or plastic bags and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Photo: Tambako the Jaguar/Flickr
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal