Gifts to celebrate loved ones this Mothers’ Day
Biological or not, “mom” or “non-dad,” everyone deserves to be celebrated when it comes to raising children and playing a role in their lives. This Mothers’ Day, honor the loved ones in your life with something special. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite gifts that we’ll be giving to those that have played the “motherly roles” in our lives.
FOR: The “Mommy needs more wine” Mother
Rabbit Electric Corkscrew Wine Opener – Williams Sonoma, $99.95
Uncorking wines can either be elegant or embarrassing. Err on the side of caution with this hassle-free rechargeable electric corkscrew wine opener.
FOR: The Mama who enjoys tea time
Black + Decker Electric Kettle – Target, $39.99
Moms don’t have time to wait around for water to boil. The technology inside of this kettle uses 1500W of power to quickly boil up to seven cups of water in less time than it takes a microwave or stovetop!
FOR: The one notorious for putting everyone else first
Rose Opal Solitaire Ring – Rosey West, $245.00
When the wallet is constantly opening for the kids’ new clothes, food, bills, and other planned and unplanned expenses, the last person on mom’s list to buy things for is mom. Treat mom to something special that can be worn with anything, and is something they would never spend money on for themself.
FOR: The Meemaw whose house is full of old records
ION Audio Archive LP | Digital Conversion Turntable with Built-In Stereo Speakers and Diamond-Tipped Stylus – Amazon, $60.99
Records might be making a comeback, but taking a record player on-the-go isn’t an option. Don’t let all the records in your family’s collection go to waste. Convert them into digital MP3 files to take on the go, listen to on your phone or play in the car.
FOR: The loved one who loves spending time outdoors
Outdoor Fire Pit – hayneedle, $84.98
Mothers’ Day is often on the brink of the warm summer weather beginning, meaning spending days and nights outside are on the way. Set the scene for making memories outdoors with the family, or enjoying a romantic fireside date night by giving this 30 in. outdoor fire pit, perfect for decks or patios.
Family plan – HelloFresh, $69.92
We all know that person that is overworked, overtired and would just love some time at home sitting down and relaxing. Help with the at-home relaxation by gifting a year-long subscription to Netflix or an all-inclusive meal subscription. Nothing relieves some stress quite like not having to decide what to make for dinner.
No matter who you are, or how you’re related, a sentimental card can go a long way. Whether you can’t afford a gift or can afford the most lavish of presents, nothing says “I appreciate you” quite like a card with a handwritten message from the heart. Looking for a three dimensional card to give an extra pop to your Mothers’ Day message? Check out these beauties from Lovepop.
Equally Wed Editors
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration