My mom was accepting of her gay daughter from the beginning
My mom was the first to know, and she set the tone for me to feel comfortable and safe living my life as a gay woman—so I interviewed her about why.
Parents magazine has its first cover with gay parents, and conservatives are mad
Shaun T., a fitness motivational speaker and creator of the Insanity workout, and his husband and business partner Scott Blokker are the first same-sex parents featured on the cover of Parents magazine.
Jamie Lee Curtis is making a movie about stand-in moms at gay weddings
Jamie Lee Curtis is making a movie about Sara Cunningham, who went viral last summer when she posted on Facebook that she would be a stand-in mom for people whose own mothers refused to attend their weddings because of their sexuality.
Rent a supportive mother for your wedding and more LGBTQ+ family news
Unsupportive parents is an unfortunate reality for way too many LGBTQ+ youth (and adults). Fortunately though, there are many caring, supportive individuals ready to step in and share their love.
U.S. and Canadian hockey players welcome baby girl
Canadian ice hockey player Caroline Ouellette and United States ice hockey player Julie Chu welcomed a baby girl, becoming a family of three. The married couple…
Only one twin is a United States citizen, here’s how it’s possible
Imagine having biological twins, and only one of them is a United States citizen. It sounds like the plot of a movie, but it’s real…
Supreme Court rules Arkansas must list both same-sex parents on birth certificates
The Supreme Court ruled on June 26 that Arkansas authorities must list the names of both same-sex parents on birth certificates.
Japan acknowledges same-sex couple as foster parents for the first time
Japan took a step in the right direction of LGBTQ+ acceptance this week by recognizing a same-sex as foster parents for the first time.
Getting Pregnant: A Lesbian Couple’s One-Year Journey through Fertility, Using a Known Sperm Donor of a Different Race, and the Emotional and Financial Costs
A year ago I walked into the fertility center with my beautiful, kind, strong wife feeling so absolutely excited to bring another person just like her into this world. We walked right in, and I said “We’re here to get pregnant! LET’S DO THIS!”
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts