Idaho Governor Tries and Fails to Fight Marriage Equality
Idaho judge denies Idaho governor’s request to stay her decision to grant gays and lesbians the right to marry
An Idaho judge struck down the state’s constitutional ban on same-sex marriage May 13. The state’s governer, Butch Otter, asked for a stay May 14, which was promptly denied. Here’s the screenshot of that official decision, which can be translated into non-legalese as “suck it.” Same-sex marriage licenses will start being issued Friday, May 16. The governor’s request for a stay will go to the 9th circuit, as reported by Chris Geidner, legal editor, BuzzFeed.
In Idaho, an appeal of the judge’s denial of the stay request will go to the 9th Circuit.
— Chris Geidner (@chrisgeidner) May 14, 2014
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal