Justice Kennedy Respects Public Officers More Who Resign Over Marriage Equality Objections
“The rule of law is that, as a public official in performing your legal duties, you are bound to enforce the law.” —Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy said in his appearance at Harvard University last week.
He continued a few lines later…
“Great respect, it seems to me, has to be given to people who resign rather than do something they view as morally wrong, in order to make a point”
(The discussion about moral objections by government officials comes at the 51 minute time mark.)
What do you think about Justice Kennedy’s remarks? Are you listening, Kim Davis?
Equally Wed Editors
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Documentary-style candids highlight moments of everyday love for this newly engaged couple
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California