Justice Kennedy Respects Public Officers More Who Resign Over Marriage Equality Objections
“The rule of law is that, as a public official in performing your legal duties, you are bound to enforce the law.” —Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy said in his appearance at Harvard University last week.
He continued a few lines later…
“Great respect, it seems to me, has to be given to people who resign rather than do something they view as morally wrong, in order to make a point”
(The discussion about moral objections by government officials comes at the 51 minute time mark.)
What do you think about Justice Kennedy’s remarks? Are you listening, Kim Davis?
Equally Wed Editors
OUR PREFERRED PLATINUM VENDORS
- Moody fall picnic proposal ideas with cheeseboard and bottled cocktails
- Relaxed and cozy wedding in the German countryside
- 5 products that will help you hide an engagement ring before proposing
- Modern industrial wedding ideas with blue, green and purple focus
- Enchanting Poconos wedding surrounded by lush greenery and waterfalls