Justice Kennedy Respects Public Officers More Who Resign Over Marriage Equality Objections
“The rule of law is that, as a public official in performing your legal duties, you are bound to enforce the law.” —Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy said in his appearance at Harvard University last week.
He continued a few lines later…
“Great respect, it seems to me, has to be given to people who resign rather than do something they view as morally wrong, in order to make a point”
(The discussion about moral objections by government officials comes at the 51 minute time mark.)
What do you think about Justice Kennedy’s remarks? Are you listening, Kim Davis?
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- A destination elopement in Iceland with freshly picked blue lupine bouquets for pansexual brides
- Sunlit San Francisco wedding with evening boat cruise
- Traditional Episcopal wedding with quirky DIY touches
- Canadian DIY loft wedding filled with color
- Laid-back Colorado mountain wedding with floral triangle arch