On this day in marriage equality history—May 17, 2004
On May 17, 2004, Marcia Kadish and Tanya McCloskey made marriage equality history by becoming the first same-sex couple to legally marry in the United States when same-sex marriage became legally recognized in Massachusetts.
Wedding ceremony music: the postlude
Classical wedding music isn’t reserved just for heteros. Gays and queers have history in the classical sense too! Here’s a lovely selection of a couple of traditional and not-so-traditional ceremony tunes for your postlude (the sweet music following the processional after you and your wedding party have exited the ceremony space).
HRC: Disney, Marvel Studios Threaten to Abandon Productions in Georgia If Governor Signs Anti-LGBT Bill
Disney tells Georgia to veto anti-LGBT bill
Lena Dunham Produces Genderqueer Fashion Documentary
Suited, a new film exploring genderqueer fashion, premiered at Sundance film festival this week in the U.S. documentary competition.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing