On this day in marriage equality history—May 17, 2004
On May 17, 2004, Marcia Kadish and Tanya McCloskey made marriage equality history by becoming the first same-sex couple to legally marry in the United States when same-sex marriage became legally recognized in Massachusetts.
Wedding ceremony music: the postlude
Classical wedding music isn’t reserved just for heteros. Gays and queers have history in the classical sense too! Here’s a lovely selection of a couple of traditional and not-so-traditional ceremony tunes for your postlude (the sweet music following the processional after you and your wedding party have exited the ceremony space).
HRC: Disney, Marvel Studios Threaten to Abandon Productions in Georgia If Governor Signs Anti-LGBT Bill
Disney tells Georgia to veto anti-LGBT bill
Lena Dunham Produces Genderqueer Fashion Documentary
Suited, a new film exploring genderqueer fashion, premiered at Sundance film festival this week in the U.S. documentary competition.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH