On this day in marriage equality history—May 17, 2004
On May 17, 2004, Marcia Kadish and Tanya McCloskey made marriage equality history by becoming the first same-sex couple to legally marry in the United States when same-sex marriage became legally recognized in Massachusetts.
Wedding ceremony music: the postlude
Classical wedding music isn’t reserved just for heteros. Gays and queers have history in the classical sense too! Here’s a lovely selection of a couple of traditional and not-so-traditional ceremony tunes for your postlude (the sweet music following the processional after you and your wedding party have exited the ceremony space).
HRC: Disney, Marvel Studios Threaten to Abandon Productions in Georgia If Governor Signs Anti-LGBT Bill
Disney tells Georgia to veto anti-LGBT bill
Lena Dunham Produces Genderqueer Fashion Documentary
Suited, a new film exploring genderqueer fashion, premiered at Sundance film festival this week in the U.S. documentary competition.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- This English garden literary wedding inspiration is directly out of a fairy tale
- This romantic spring castle wedding is fit for a princess—or two
- Dark Greek mythology wedding inspiration that calls to your inner goth
- Supreme Court rejected the Hawaii B&B that denied a lesbian couple
- This surprise proposal Las Vegas style will make you happy cry
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- There will be a presidential primary debate entirely on LGBTQ+ issues
- Elegant southern church wedding in Conroe, Texas
- If you want to look like royalty on your wedding day, wear a crown
- 6 places you can get tomboy and genderqueer wedding attire