On this day in marriage equality history—May 17, 2004
On May 17, 2004, Marcia Kadish and Tanya McCloskey made marriage equality history by becoming the first same-sex couple to legally marry in the United States when same-sex marriage became legally recognized in Massachusetts.
Wedding ceremony music: the postlude
Classical wedding music isn’t reserved just for heteros. Gays and queers have history in the classical sense too! Here’s a lovely selection of a couple of traditional and not-so-traditional ceremony tunes for your postlude (the sweet music following the processional after you and your wedding party have exited the ceremony space).
HRC: Disney, Marvel Studios Threaten to Abandon Productions in Georgia If Governor Signs Anti-LGBT Bill
Disney tells Georgia to veto anti-LGBT bill
Lena Dunham Produces Genderqueer Fashion Documentary
Suited, a new film exploring genderqueer fashion, premiered at Sundance film festival this week in the U.S. documentary competition.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 6 truths I’ve learned in 10 years of dating my high school sweetheart
- Everything I lost when I started dating my best friend
- Joy-filled engagement photos in Oyster Bay, New York
- LGBTQ+ honeymoon spotlight: Cape Town, South Africa
- Open marriage, transitioning and play parties: one couple’s story of their thriving poly love life
- You’ll want to a be a guest at this couple’s Beauty and the Beast inspired wedding
- Asking for money as a wedding gift: OK or no way?
- Romantic hillside winery wedding
- Why this wedding shop is getting praise for its wheelchair window display
- These women planned surprise proposals for each other on the same day