On this day in marriage equality history—May 17, 2004
On May 17, 2004, Marcia Kadish and Tanya McCloskey made marriage equality history by becoming the first same-sex couple to legally marry in the United States when same-sex marriage became legally recognized in Massachusetts.
Wedding ceremony music: the postlude
Classical wedding music isn’t reserved just for heteros. Gays and queers have history in the classical sense too! Here’s a lovely selection of a couple of traditional and not-so-traditional ceremony tunes for your postlude (the sweet music following the processional after you and your wedding party have exited the ceremony space).
Lennie and Pearl: A Love Story [VIDEO]
Lennie and Pearl’s love story = #relationshipgoals Lennie Gerber and Pearl Berlin met and fell in love nearly half a century ago. They were legally married in Maine in 2013,…
HRC: Disney, Marvel Studios Threaten to Abandon Productions in Georgia If Governor Signs Anti-LGBT Bill
Disney tells Georgia to veto anti-LGBT bill
Lena Dunham Produces Genderqueer Fashion Documentary
Suited, a new film exploring genderqueer fashion, premiered at Sundance film festival this week in the U.S. documentary competition.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 6 ways to show your partner you’re grateful for them
- This couple had a kitten hour at their wedding instead of a cocktail hour
- Former Dallas Cowboy Jeff Rohrer came out and revealed he’s getting married
- Modern rooftop wedding in Kansas City, Missouri
- Artistic, cultural wedding in an art gallery
- Purple greenhouse wedding with goats
- Times Square engagement
- Intimate fall backyard wedding in Brandon, Vermont
- 11 winter wedding looks we love
- 6 reasons you should have a winter wedding