Bride and Prejudice Highlights When Family Rejects Gay Wedding
New series showcases a gay couple rejected by family as they plan their wedding
A family rejects a gay wedding in FYI’s new original series, “Bride & Prejudice,” which includes Chris and Lou’s heartbreaking story as they plan their wedding. The new show, which premiers tonight, Tuesday, March 15 at 9 p.m. Eastern, follows star-crossed couples as they decide to make a life-long commitment and get married in the face of staunch opposition from their friends and family. Six episodes are set, beginning with a two-hour season opener. The remaining hour-long episodes will air Tuesdays at 10 p.m. Eastern and culminate with a two-hour season finale.
Our community knows all too well the scorching pain from having families not supporting our relationships and rejecting our partners.
We’ve heard a number of awful things over the years from readers who’ve been asked things such as “It’s fine that you’re gay, but why do you have to shove it in my face by having a wedding?” or told, “That’s not a real wedding,” or an absolute low, “It’s either her or your family: You choose.”
Chris and Lou share their challenging journey in Bride and Prejudice, along with two other couples who are struggling with their families over race and religion differences. Watch this emotional speech from Chris and Lou’s engagement party, and catch the rest on FYI. We’re in for an emotional roller-coaster with this new dramatic series that reflects true challenges of today’s couples.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California
- This is the history behind the traditional wedding gift rules you’ve heard
- Rustic mountain wedding at The Red Barn at Hampshire College
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- Epic spring Garden of the Gods elopement with dog attendants