Bride and Prejudice Highlights When Family Rejects Gay Wedding
New series showcases a gay couple rejected by family as they plan their wedding
A family rejects a gay wedding in FYI’s new original series, “Bride & Prejudice,” which includes Chris and Lou’s heartbreaking story as they plan their wedding. The new show, which premiers tonight, Tuesday, March 15 at 9 p.m. Eastern, follows star-crossed couples as they decide to make a life-long commitment and get married in the face of staunch opposition from their friends and family. Six episodes are set, beginning with a two-hour season opener. The remaining hour-long episodes will air Tuesdays at 10 p.m. Eastern and culminate with a two-hour season finale.
Our community knows all too well the scorching pain from having families not supporting our relationships and rejecting our partners.
We’ve heard a number of awful things over the years from readers who’ve been asked things such as “It’s fine that you’re gay, but why do you have to shove it in my face by having a wedding?” or told, “That’s not a real wedding,” or an absolute low, “It’s either her or your family: You choose.”
Chris and Lou share their challenging journey in Bride and Prejudice, along with two other couples who are struggling with their families over race and religion differences. Watch this emotional speech from Chris and Lou’s engagement party, and catch the rest on FYI. We’re in for an emotional roller-coaster with this new dramatic series that reflects true challenges of today’s couples.
Kirsten Ott Palladino
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings