Matt Dallas and Blue Hamilton Welcome Son Crow
Matt Dallas, the former Kyle XY star, and husband, musician Blue Hamilton, have welcomed their first child, a 2-year-old son named Crow. The gay parents, who married July 2015, announced the news of their adoption via a video posted to YouTube.
Before introducing their son on camera, the couple explained their thought process behind opting for adoption rather than surrogacy.
“We’ve been talking about having kids for a long time—we both come from big families. Family is very important to both of us; raising a family of our own is very important to us,” Hamilton, 36, explains. “So it was just a matter of when, timing-wise, and how. Of course there was surrogacy, you can have your own [biological] kid, private adoption.”
He continues, “At first it was kind of overwhelming. We’d spend nights as we were going to bed on our iPads reading about different ways… After spending some time researching, it seemed natural that we would go through the state.”
Adds Dallas, “There were just a lot of kids that really needed homes. There’s kids and babies waking up in office buildings, waking up in group homes. People that work for the state just don’t have enough time or resources to get to all of them.”
For more on this sweet story, visit people.com’s Celebrity Babies blog.
Equally Wed Editors
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples