Matt Dallas and Blue Hamilton Welcome Son Crow
Matt Dallas, the former Kyle XY star, and husband, musician Blue Hamilton, have welcomed their first child, a 2-year-old son named Crow. The gay parents, who married July 2015, announced the news of their adoption via a video posted to YouTube.
Before introducing their son on camera, the couple explained their thought process behind opting for adoption rather than surrogacy.
“We’ve been talking about having kids for a long time—we both come from big families. Family is very important to both of us; raising a family of our own is very important to us,” Hamilton, 36, explains. “So it was just a matter of when, timing-wise, and how. Of course there was surrogacy, you can have your own [biological] kid, private adoption.”
He continues, “At first it was kind of overwhelming. We’d spend nights as we were going to bed on our iPads reading about different ways… After spending some time researching, it seemed natural that we would go through the state.”
Adds Dallas, “There were just a lot of kids that really needed homes. There’s kids and babies waking up in office buildings, waking up in group homes. People that work for the state just don’t have enough time or resources to get to all of them.”
For more on this sweet story, visit people.com’s Celebrity Babies blog.
Equally Wed Editors
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Torie + Alyssa: An intimate, bohemian and rustic wedding
- Uly + Ernesto: a monochrome winter engagement session at California sand dunes
- The Equally Wed LGBTQ+ wedding anniversary gift list
- Cozy in-cabin engagement photos in Manitoba, Canada
- Modern winter resort engagement photos in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Rainbow, flowers and sequins rooftop wedding in Washington, D.C.
- Colorful, whimsical wedding inspiration in Atlanta, Georgia
- Coronavirus wedding planning: advice on postponing and canceling
- Romantic winter beach wedding in Barcelona, Spain
- Intimate dinner party wedding with butterfly release ceremony