Matt Dallas and Blue Hamilton Welcome Son Crow
Matt Dallas, the former Kyle XY star, and husband, musician Blue Hamilton, have welcomed their first child, a 2-year-old son named Crow. The gay parents, who married July 2015, announced the news of their adoption via a video posted to YouTube.
Before introducing their son on camera, the couple explained their thought process behind opting for adoption rather than surrogacy.
“We’ve been talking about having kids for a long time—we both come from big families. Family is very important to both of us; raising a family of our own is very important to us,” Hamilton, 36, explains. “So it was just a matter of when, timing-wise, and how. Of course there was surrogacy, you can have your own [biological] kid, private adoption.”
He continues, “At first it was kind of overwhelming. We’d spend nights as we were going to bed on our iPads reading about different ways… After spending some time researching, it seemed natural that we would go through the state.”
Adds Dallas, “There were just a lot of kids that really needed homes. There’s kids and babies waking up in office buildings, waking up in group homes. People that work for the state just don’t have enough time or resources to get to all of them.”
For more on this sweet story, visit people.com’s Celebrity Babies blog.
Equally Wed Editors
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights