Matt Dallas and Blue Hamilton Welcome Son Crow
Matt Dallas, the former Kyle XY star, and husband, musician Blue Hamilton, have welcomed their first child, a 2-year-old son named Crow. The gay parents, who married July 2015, announced the news of their adoption via a video posted to YouTube.
Before introducing their son on camera, the couple explained their thought process behind opting for adoption rather than surrogacy.
“We’ve been talking about having kids for a long time—we both come from big families. Family is very important to both of us; raising a family of our own is very important to us,” Hamilton, 36, explains. “So it was just a matter of when, timing-wise, and how. Of course there was surrogacy, you can have your own [biological] kid, private adoption.”
He continues, “At first it was kind of overwhelming. We’d spend nights as we were going to bed on our iPads reading about different ways… After spending some time researching, it seemed natural that we would go through the state.”
Adds Dallas, “There were just a lot of kids that really needed homes. There’s kids and babies waking up in office buildings, waking up in group homes. People that work for the state just don’t have enough time or resources to get to all of them.”
For more on this sweet story, visit people.com’s Celebrity Babies blog.
Equally Wed Editors
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings