We need to change how we talk to LGBTQ+ couples about having kids
I got married to my wife just ten months ago, and we are asked about whether we intend to expand our family often—by family, coworkers and strangers.
Tennessee joins trend of states passing anti-LGBTQ+ adoption laws
Tennessee is expected to soon become the latest state to allow faith-based adoption and foster care agencies to discriminate against LGBTQ+ families while still receiving taxpayer funding.
Trump administration wants to allow religious child welfare agencies to reject LGBTQ+ families
Family Equality is denouncing the Trump administration’s proposal to allow religious foster care and adoption agencies to refuse placing children in LGBTQ+ families.
Federal judge rules Michigan religious adoption agency can refuse LGBTQ+ applicants
Religious-based adoption agencies that receive state taxpayer funding in Michigan can continue to deny placing children in LGBTQ+ homes after a recent federal judge’s opinion.
South Carolina foster group is allowed to deny same-sex adoptions
The federal government ruled that South Carolina foster agencies are allowed to continue denying services to same-sex couples and non-Christian families.
Federal Judge rules against agency denying same-sex couples
Judge Tucker presiding over the Federal court case between the city of Philadelphia and Catholic Social Services ruled that the agency denying same-sex couples goes against the city’s anti-discrimination policy.
Pennsylvania double proposal story + engagement photo session
Rita and Angela’s Pennsylvania double proposal and engagement photo session
Michigan Woman Raises Funds for Marriage Equality Case in Response to Indiana’s Homophobic Pizzeria
April DeBoer and Jayne Rowse are a loving lesbian couple from Michigan who have been in a committed relationship for more than 10 years.
Michigan Marriage Equality Ruling Expected Thursday
Michigan could be the next state to overturn the ban on same-sex marriages.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot