Marc + Joey: A Colorful, Trendy SoHo Wedding
Marc and Joey were married in SoHo, surrounded by family, friends and lots of vibrant colors.
Marc and Joey live in Kansas, but wanted to have a spring wedding in New York City. They brought 50 of their closest friends and families to the city to help them celebrate their right to legally marry. On a rooftop in SoHo, the happy couple (who had been together for 6 years prior to tying the knot) said their vows, followed by a vibrant reception adorned with bright and whimsical floral decor. The grooms honeymooned in Turkey, Instanbul and Greece.
From Marc and Joey:
We think that it was important to both of us to have elements that tied everything together. For example, our save the date had the entrance to the venue prominently featured in a wrap-around vellum photo. The geometric design on our invitation was also venue-inspired. We had a fun time incorporating these “hidden” elements (which may not have been recognized by our guests) into the planning process. Also, our wedding weekend was very communal with guests starting the weekend together at the welcome gathering on Friday night. We thought it was a great way for folks to reconnect with old friends or meet new friends.
Coordinator: 14 Stories (Bernadette Coveney Smith)
Photographer: Kelly Guenther Studio
Wedding venue and caterer: Mondrian SoHo Hotel in New York City
Cake: Cake Alchemy
Music: Around Town Entertainment
Stationery: Ladyfingers Letterpress
Celebrant: Gerald Fierst
Attire: Tuxedos by My.Suit.NY, shirts by Proper Cloth and ties by The Tie Bar
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding
- Colorful whimsical vintage wedding inspiration in Chattanooga, Tennessee
- A historic vote could legalize same-sex marriage in Northern Ireland
- Intimate spring beach elopement in Naples, Florida