Marc + Joey: A Colorful, Trendy SoHo Wedding
Marc and Joey were married in SoHo, surrounded by family, friends and lots of vibrant colors.
Marc and Joey live in Kansas, but wanted to have a spring wedding in New York City. They brought 50 of their closest friends and families to the city to help them celebrate their right to legally marry. On a rooftop in SoHo, the happy couple (who had been together for 6 years prior to tying the knot) said their vows, followed by a vibrant reception adorned with bright and whimsical floral decor. The grooms honeymooned in Turkey, Instanbul and Greece.
From Marc and Joey:
We think that it was important to both of us to have elements that tied everything together. For example, our save the date had the entrance to the venue prominently featured in a wrap-around vellum photo. The geometric design on our invitation was also venue-inspired. We had a fun time incorporating these “hidden” elements (which may not have been recognized by our guests) into the planning process. Also, our wedding weekend was very communal with guests starting the weekend together at the welcome gathering on Friday night. We thought it was a great way for folks to reconnect with old friends or meet new friends.
Coordinator: 14 Stories (Bernadette Coveney Smith)
Photographer: Kelly Guenther Studio
Wedding venue and caterer: Mondrian SoHo Hotel in New York City
Cake: Cake Alchemy
Music: Around Town Entertainment
Stationery: Ladyfingers Letterpress
Celebrant: Gerald Fierst
Attire: Tuxedos by My.Suit.NY, shirts by Proper Cloth and ties by The Tie Bar
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.
- Modern wedding inspiration influenced by artist Katsushika Hokusai
- Marriage equality is now available in Northern Ireland
- Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
- Your wedding’s over. Here’s what you can focus on next