Meredith Baxter and Nancy Locke Are Equally Wed
Family Ties star Meredith Baxter is equally wed!
Baxter, 66, and her longtime partner, contractor Nancy Locke, were married in an intimate ceremony on Sunday afternoon in Los Angeles.
Close friends and family—including Baxter’s five children—witnessed the couple exchanging handwritten vows.
Baxter and Locke have been together since 2005. This isn’t the first time Baxter has tied the knot. She was married three times before—Baxter was wedded to Robert Lewis Bush from 1966 to 1971, to David Birney from 1974 to 1990 and finally to Michael Blodgett from 1995 to 2000.
The mother of five had three children with Birney—Mollie, Kate and Peter—and two with Bush, Eva and Ted.
Baxter came out as a lesbian in 2009, although she has been dating Locke for seven years.
“I feel like I’m being honest for the first time,” she told People at the time.
Locke, who is a building contractor, has a band that reportedly played at the wedding reception. The women also wanted to be sure they took the right steps for their first dance and reportedly prepared with lessons before their big day.
“Now I understand why marriage caught on!” Baxter tells People.
Photo: Laurie Schenden
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot