Meredith Baxter and Nancy Locke Are Equally Wed
Family Ties star Meredith Baxter is equally wed!
Baxter, 66, and her longtime partner, contractor Nancy Locke, were married in an intimate ceremony on Sunday afternoon in Los Angeles.
Close friends and family—including Baxter’s five children—witnessed the couple exchanging handwritten vows.
Baxter and Locke have been together since 2005. This isn’t the first time Baxter has tied the knot. She was married three times before—Baxter was wedded to Robert Lewis Bush from 1966 to 1971, to David Birney from 1974 to 1990 and finally to Michael Blodgett from 1995 to 2000.
The mother of five had three children with Birney—Mollie, Kate and Peter—and two with Bush, Eva and Ted.
Baxter came out as a lesbian in 2009, although she has been dating Locke for seven years.
“I feel like I’m being honest for the first time,” she told People at the time.
Locke, who is a building contractor, has a band that reportedly played at the wedding reception. The women also wanted to be sure they took the right steps for their first dance and reportedly prepared with lessons before their big day.
“Now I understand why marriage caught on!” Baxter tells People.
Photo: Laurie Schenden
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- How do you know when you’re ready to propose? We asked a real couple
- Intimate spring wedding at Butler Park in Austin, Texas
- Gay parents forced to leave Russia due to ‘gay propaganda law’
- Mrs. and Mrs. items that make great LGBTQ+ wedding gifts
- Fun engagement photos at Three Lives & Co. bookstore
- Burgundy and blue spring wedding in San Francisco, California
- Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
- Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding
- Pridelux, a luxury LGBTQ+ wedding show, opens in London
- Sunrise engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York