Romantic Bridal Beauty How-To from Our Photo Shoot
We are so excited to bring you our April issue, which is chock full of eco-friendly wedding planning articles, from 20 Eco-Friendly Wedding Gowns that gives you plenty of eco-couture options to our Flower Calendar which tells you when the most popular wedding stems bloom so you can make an eco-friendly floral choice. But perhaps what I’ve been most eager to show you guys is the first-ever same-sex wedding photo shoot produced for a magazine. Bonus: Every product used in it was eco-friendly, including the beauty products. As our Pro Picks: Eco-Friendly Products feature shows, the eco-friendly beauty world has grown tremendously in the last few years, bursting with high-quality brand names that have gone green.
Our amazingly talented, eco- and LGBT-friendly makeup artists and hair stylist gave me the scoop on set about how to recreate the models’ stunning looks. And, of course, we wanted to share. Today, we’re walking you through, step-by-step, on how to get Sarah Varacalli, our femme bride model’s beauty look.
THE FEMME BRIDE
We were going for a soft and romantic look for our model Sarah.
FACE: Makeup artist Rebecca Casciano prepped her skin with Kahina Giving Beauty Facial Lotion and applied 100% Pure Healthy Skin Foundation in Golden Peach using an EcoTools foundation brush. She then applied Tarte Dark Circle Defense in Light-Medium to the under eye area with an EcoTools’ concealer brush (you can also use your fingertip). Powder to set and for longer wear with Tarte Smooth Operator Finishing Powder.
EYES: Fill in eyebrows with Shobha Brow Pencil in Earth, comb through with Eco Tools eyebrow brush. Apply Antique Gold Eye Shadow by Jane Iredale from lashline to crease on upper lid. Using same color, use a pencil brush to line the lower lid. Using a small, angled brush, apply Jane Iredale’s Dark Suede Eye Shadow to the outer corners of the eye, blend outwards. Curl eyelashes and finish with a few coats of 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara in Black Tea to upper and lower lashes.
CHEEKS: Using a foundation brush or your fingers, apply Josie Maran Argan Cream Blush in Sunset to apples of the cheek. Blend along cheekbone towards hairline. Set with Tarte Smooth Operator Finishing Powder.
LIPS: Lip Glaze in Peach by 100% Pure.
Hairstylist Astrid Dahl of Aveda created a stunning updo using these simple four-step process:
- Working in small sections, using Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer, curl hair with one inch curling iron
- Brush out with a paddle brush
- Add Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion throughout hair to give hold and texture
- Loosely pin up and set with Aveda Air Control hairspray
Stay tuned tomorrow for the how-to on getting the elegant and natural butch bride’s look.
Photo: Ryan Carville Photography
Equally Wed Editors
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Follow Equally Wed on Instagram!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding