Wes, a teacher, and Derek, a hair salon owner in Cary Town (Farm House Salon), had their stylish Richmond engagement shoot at home before venturing around the Richmond area.
From The Photographer:
Together, they are the kindest pair with a home full of fur-babies (Wes’s 2 cats, Derek’s cat and their dog Penny the hound). For their engagement session, we wanted to capture their laid-back nature and quintessential Richmond! We started at their house, enjoying a few beers in the backyard, then ventured over to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and Monument Avenue.
We finished our tour de Richmond at Libby Hill Park for a beautiful sunset. We had so much fun spending the afternoon with them, catching up on life, and hearing plans for their backyard wedding reception (complete with a band).
Photography: The Girl Tyler
Venue: Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings
- A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
- A classic black-and-white Vermont wedding with rustic accents and a bold floral choice
- 7 lucky Irish wedding traditions
- Your wedding style according to your zodiac sign
- This destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico, featured a rainbow cake and a song from one of the grooms
- This springtime lakeside elopement featured upcycled wedding outfits and a mountaintop picnic