Wes, a teacher, and Derek, a hair salon owner in Cary Town (Farm House Salon), had their stylish Richmond engagement shoot at home before venturing around the Richmond area.
From The Photographer:
Together, they are the kindest pair with a home full of fur-babies (Wes’s 2 cats, Derek’s cat and their dog Penny the hound). For their engagement session, we wanted to capture their laid-back nature and quintessential Richmond! We started at their house, enjoying a few beers in the backyard, then ventured over to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and Monument Avenue.
We finished our tour de Richmond at Libby Hill Park for a beautiful sunset. We had so much fun spending the afternoon with them, catching up on life, and hearing plans for their backyard wedding reception (complete with a band).
Photography: The Girl Tyler
Venue: Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding