Nepal Supreme Court orders legal recognition of a same-sex marriage
The Supreme Court of Nepal has ruled that the government must recognize the same-sex foreign spouse of a Nepali citizen, Human Rights Watch reports. In light of the marriage equality case currently being fought in India’s Supreme Court and the push to legalize LGBTQ+ marriage in Japan, the ruling in Nepal is a signifier of change to come for marriage equality in Asia.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Wedding inspiration for queer love in Seattle with handfasting, a disco ball and vegan donuts
- Intimate elopement in Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah, with a handfasting ceremony
- Matty Maggiacomo and Evan Feeley’s proposal video made us ugly cry
- These brides celebrated their love with a magical forest wedding at IslandWood on Bainbridge Island, Washington
- Create an unforgettable mezze station for your wedding celebration