Even when putting a casual outfit together, like packing for a honeymoon, I look to high fashion for inspiration. The D&G Men’s collection for Summer 2010 caught my eye as it re-elaborates the classic cowboy wardrobe, taking it into a modern and metropolitan dimension.
Denim, the material we’re seeing in design everywhere, is matched with elegant velvet jackets, ties, bow ties and suede or leather boots, thus evoking a British cowboy, even with these sharp gray jeans.
This collection mixes and matches denim, street style and formal-wear with the irresistible nonchalance typical of the Brits, and combines it with a style reminiscent of the Old West.
For the ultimate in sexy masculinity, pair earth colors and burnt hues such as brown, cognac and beige with denim.
Image/Courtesy of Dolce & Gabbana
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Blue and yellow spring wedding at the Lake Country Club
- Fun waterfront engagement photos on the coast of Lake Superior
- The US is denying citizenship to kids of same-sex couples born abroad
- Modern lush greenery wedding in Jacksonville, Florida
- Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie’s extravagant South African safari proposal to Danny Peuscovich
- Glitzy pink Glinda the Good Witch wedding inspiration
- 10 wedding traditions to ditch on your big day (and some to keep, too)
- Why Mr. Ratburn’s gay wedding in Arthur is so important for LGBTQ+ kids
- Elegant, woodsy mountain wedding in Boulder, Colorado
- This book celebrates the life stories of butch and masculine queer heroes