In recent years, lab diamonds have been gaining a lot of traction. Lab diamonds, which have the same physical, chemical, and optical properties as mined diamonds, are slightly more affordable than natural diamonds of comparable size and quality. Plus, recent technological advances have made lab created diamonds more beautiful than ever. Their exceptional quality and value, coupled with the fact that they do not require any mining, make manmade diamonds a beautiful and eco-friendly choice.
But how exactly are lab diamonds made? We checked in with Brilliant Earth, the leader in ethically sourced bridal and fine jewelry to get some more information on lab diamonds. To help breakdown the process for us, they created some fun GIFs which explain the Chemical Vapor Deposition process (CVD) used to create high quality, wearable gems.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
Follow Equally Wed on Instagram!
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration
- Anthony + Paul: boho-lux Portugal destination wedding
- Lakesha + Nikia: Decatur, Ga. outdoor wedding during the coronavirus
- David + Andrew: Midwestern Pride Wedding Giveaway winners marry
- Romantic Vancouver elopement inspiration
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding