In recent years, lab diamonds have been gaining a lot of traction. Lab diamonds, which have the same physical, chemical, and optical properties as mined diamonds, are slightly more affordable than natural diamonds of comparable size and quality. Plus, recent technological advances have made lab created diamonds more beautiful than ever. Their exceptional quality and value, coupled with the fact that they do not require any mining, make manmade diamonds a beautiful and eco-friendly choice.
But how exactly are lab diamonds made? We checked in with Brilliant Earth, the leader in ethically sourced bridal and fine jewelry to get some more information on lab diamonds. To help breakdown the process for us, they created some fun GIFs which explain the Chemical Vapor Deposition process (CVD) used to create high quality, wearable gems.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank
- Alabama mayor suggests killing LGBTQ+ people and other LGBTQ+ news
- A ‘Straight Pride’ parade is planned and people are very upset
- The creators of the same-sex Barbie wedding set just got married
- You can win the Midwestern Pride wedding of your dreams—here’s how
- Colorful red and white engagement photos in Brooklyn, New York
- Nominate a love champion