Suresh and Darius’s Chicago wedding was a black tie affair. The couple wore black tuxedos, bowties and cufflinks, and guests dressed to the nines for the big day. The newlyweds wanted their guests to feel comfortable in the city, giving them Chicago-themed welcome bags full of goodies when they arrived at the hotel. On their wedding day, Darius and Suresh took to the Chicago streets for some wedding photos, posing in coats and scarves to keep warm from the winter chill.
The wedding ceremony was decorated with candlelight, as candelabras filled the room with light and votives lined the aisle that Darius and Suresh walked down with their mothers as a harpist performed. After the first kiss from the married couple, guests headed to the reception. Dancing begun before dinner was even served, and afterward everyone sat down for a four course meal, starting with Indiana Corn-Lobster Bisque, a Little Gem salad, and an entree choice of salmon or chicken breast stuffed with goat cheese. Two cake flavors were available, Devil’s Food and honey graham, when Darius and Suresh cut into their four tier white cake accented with a black stripe on each layer as well as white flowers that matched the centerpieces on each table. After eating, dancing resumed where it had left off before dinner.
From the photographer: Since they had many out of town guests they made gift bags that were Chicago-themed with Garrett popcorn and Frango mints along with a Chicago magazine. They also had amazing uplighting and romantic candlelight, while a harpist played for the ceremony. Their cocktail hour also had live musicians, which filled the room with amazing music. One very unique part of their reception was before everyone ate dinner, they invited them to the dance floor to dance for a few songs, whoch added so much energy to the whole rest of the night!
Photographer: DeAnda Photography
Venue: The Wit
Florist: Phillps Flowers
DJ: Scott with Hot Mix Entertainment
Harpist: Harp Melodies
Cello and guitarists: Chicago Wedding Ceremony Music
Attire: Tommy Hilfiger
Officiant: Liz Hoffman
Drapes and table clothes: Studio Ag Design
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- National groups blast GOP federal LGBTQ rights bill as permitting ‘licenses to discriminate’ by wedding vendors, religious groups
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- 6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
- How we organized our wedding party from across the country