The Williamsburg Dandy: Spring Plaid Suits
By Jonathan Bender
So you’ve been hunting for the perfect “go-to” suit and still haven’t found “the one.” Carbon copy options mixed between trendier fare, it’s almost as if the department stores and boutiques aren’t giving you that double-take factor you’re looking for. My suggestion? When in doubt, look to the current trends and incorporate your own flare to make a stance while taking in your vows. Plaid has been making waves this spring as one of the trendier options of the season, allowing for the style to be almost elementary. The trick to pulling off a plaid suit is to not look at it as a challenge, but as an easier option. Why over-accessorize or go for a prom look when you can be current, all while commanding center stage at your own wedding. There’s nothing sexier than a groom or dandy bride that can pull off the attitude of a subtle print.
RIGHT LOOK, RIGHT PRICE (right to left):
- Milano Plaid Deco 1818 Suit available at Brooks Brothers for $998.
- HUGO ‘Amaro Heise’ Plaid Suit available at Nordstrom for $895.
- Tommy Hilfiger Navy Glen Plaid Slim Fit Suit available at Macy’s for $329.99.
- Hickey Freeman Overplaid Suit available at Barneys for $1,295.
- BOSS Black ‘James/Sharp’ Plaid Wool Suit available at Nordstrom for $895.
WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF (right to left):
- Belvest Dotted Pinstripe Super 130s Suit available at Park & Bond for $1,900.
- Marseille 70’s Evening Jacket available at Gucci for $3,350.
- Co-Op Barneys Plaid Two-Piece Suit available at Barneys for $1,895.
- Grey Glen Plaid Suit available at Ralph Lauren for $1,695.
- Simon Spur Contrast Sleeve Blazer available at Park & Bond for $1,895.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Is engagement photography worth the time and money?
- Golden hour proposal in the mountains of San Diego, California
- Botanical, tropical fall greenhouse wedding in St. Louis, Missouri
- Celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie marries Danny Peuscovich in outdoor luxury South Africa wedding
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study