Watch Gov Bev Perdue Speak Out Against Amendment One
By Kirsten Ott Palladino
Gov. Bev Perdue (above) has come out strong against Amendment 1, a proposed constitutional amendment in North Carolina that would prevent any same-sex marriages, domestic partnerships or civil unions and cause many families harm, whether the parents are straight or gay. She even made a video to implore everyone to vote against Amendment 1.
Perdue maintains that Amendment 1 would harm women, children, families and businesses in North Carolina and she encourages the community at large to vote against it on May 8. Read North Carolinian Aly Windsor’s article about how the amendment would affect her family here. Watch Perdue’s video below. And visit protectallncfamilies.org for more information on Amendment 1 and how you can help fight it.
WATCH GOV. BEV PERDUE’S VIDEO AGAINST AMENDMENT 1
Photo courtesy of Gov. Perdue’s Facebook page
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Elopement inspiration with artisanal Mexican decor at Joshua Tree National Park
- Queer Eye star Tan France and husband Rob are expecting their first child
- Glamorous winter wedding in San Diego
- Dinner cruise proposal under Amsterdam’s lucky Skinny Bridge
- An intimate mountain wedding after a romantic double proposal