These two brides met on Bumble and had a summer wedding with a live band and bar afterparty
Brooke (she/her) and Chelsea (she/her) met by pure serendipity. Chelsea was about to move to Boston from Washington, D.C., when they matched on Bumble. Because each of their set Bumble radiuses were so small, they think they matched at a red light!
Long story short, Chelsea didn’t move to Boston. As soon as they met in person, both Brooke and Chelsea knew that they were meant for each other. They decided to tie the knot with an elegant summer wedding at a historic venue in downtown D.C. with a view of the Capitol building.
On their wedding day, the brides got their hair and makeup done together, along with their families and close friends inside an old church. Brooke and Chelsea parted ways to put on their dresses, then met for their first look in front of an arched window.
RELATED: View more LGBTQ+ weddings in Washington, D.C.
The rooftop ceremony was windy, and Brooke’s veil air-lifted off of her head in the middle of their vow exchange, adding to the already joy-filled atmosphere. Luckily, she caught it before it could be completely carried away. Following the ceremony, the newlyweds wandered around the streets by the Capitol during blue hour, taking candid portraits as the occasional passerby congratulated them.
A live band got the reception party started, and after speeches and the couple’s first dance, the celebrants flooded the dance floor. After an evening of dancing, the brides and their guests moved to a bar down the street to round out the night with more drinks and dancing.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Maggie Morris
Reception Venue: The Capitol View at 400
Event Planner: Carte Blanche Events
Cinema and Video: Sage and Silhouettes
Caterer: Occasions Caterers
Beauty: Georgetown Bride
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or loveshoot
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding