This wedding ring trend is practical and affordable
Whoever said wedding rings had to include metal or diamonds, or come with a hefty price tag? A wedding (or engagement) ring is a visual symbol of commitment, meaning there are no rules on how it “should” look, or how much it “should” cost. That’s where the silicone wedding ring comes in.
Many people opt not to wear a wedding ring for several reasons, especially if it can be dangerous to their job. Construction workers, chefs, athletes and those with hands-on careers often choose to not wear a wedding to avoid the hazards. Unlike the traditional metal wedding and engagement rings, silicone wedding rings have give to them, meaning that although they can withstand around 19 pounds of pressure, your chances of injury would be significantly lower if your ring were to get caught on something since eventually it would snap and release your finger. Think back to Jimmy Fallon’s 10 day ICU stay for his wedding ring injury. Ring avulsion affects 150,000 people per year, and can end with the amputation of your finger. (Squeamish alert – don’t search ring avulsion on Google if you have a weak stomach.) Avoid the risk of permanent injury by wearing a silicone ring.
Silicone wedding rings are great for going to the gym, to work or wearing around the house to avoid getting caught on things. Diamond engagement rings are beautiful, until the diamond is constantly getting caught on your clothes, blankets and more.
Even better, the price is right for these rings. You can get a silicone ring for as low as $11.95. They come in a rainbow of colors, from neons and primary colors, to white, black, gold, gunmental and more.
Whether you wear it as a symbol of your relationship, give it as a gift, buy a matching parent and child set or you’re just looking to add some athleisure jewelry to your collection, look no further than silicone rings.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Why our double proposal is a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank