Whoever said wedding rings had to include metal or diamonds, or come with a hefty price tag? A wedding (or engagement) ring is a visual symbol of commitment, meaning there are no rules on how it “should” look, or how much it “should” cost. That’s where the silicone wedding ring comes in.
Many people opt not to wear a wedding ring for several reasons, especially if it can be dangerous to their job. Construction workers, chefs, athletes and those with hands-on careers often choose to not wear a wedding to avoid the hazards. Unlike the traditional metal wedding and engagement rings, silicone wedding rings have give to them, meaning that although they can withstand around 19 pounds of pressure, your chances of injury would be significantly lower if your ring were to get caught on something since eventually it would snap and release your finger. Think back to Jimmy Fallon’s 10 day ICU stay for his wedding ring injury. Ring avulsion affects 150,000 people per year, and can end with the amputation of your finger. (Squeamish alert – don’t search ring avulsion on Google if you have a weak stomach.) Avoid the risk of permanent injury by wearing a silicone ring.
Silicone wedding rings are great for going to the gym, to work or wearing around the house to avoid getting caught on things. Diamond engagement rings are beautiful, until the diamond is constantly getting caught on your clothes, blankets and more.
Even better, the price is right for these rings. You can get a silicone ring for as low as $11.95. They come in a rainbow of colors, from neons and primary colors, to white, black, gold, gunmental and more.
Whether you wear it as a symbol of your relationship, give it as a gift, buy a matching parent and child set or you’re just looking to add some athleisure jewelry to your collection, look no further than silicone rings.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 10 truths I’ve learned as a married queer femme mother
- This bisexual singer couldn’t find a wedding song that spoke to him—so he wrote his own
- All the Black Friday and Cyber Monday wedding deals you need to know about
- We spoke to the couple behind that epic Brooklyn Bridge basketball photo
- How to handle questions from family about the wedding
- 6 ways to show your partner you’re grateful for them
- This couple had a kitten hour at their wedding instead of a cocktail hour
- Former Dallas Cowboy Jeff Rohrer came out and revealed he’s getting married
- Modern rooftop wedding in Kansas City, Missouri
- Artistic, cultural wedding in an art gallery