Urban engagement session on the streets of Brussels
Chicago couple Liam and Arnel celebrated their engagement on the streets of downtown Brussels. In the LGBTQ+ districts, they posed beside murals, in a rainbow crosswalk and on stone streets. They also got some romantic photos in the rain.
How did you meet?
They met online but the conversation died off. Then they ran into each other in passing at a clothing store where Liam worked. They started messaging again and after that meeting the rest was history!
Who proposed and how?
Arnel proposed by throwing a one-off production of one of their favorite musicals: Ordinary Days. He invited their close friends and Liam was made to believe that Arnel (a set designer) was dabbling in directorial work.
What do you love most about each other?
Liam: “I love how he views the world and how easily he can cook up an amazing meal.”
Arnel: “I love how supportive Liam is. Doesn’t matter if it’s coaching a gym or moving across the country to pursue a career, I know he’ll always have my side.”
What are you most looking forward to in your marriage?
What they were most excited about was stepping into a new chapter together and throwing a wedding to show their younger nieces and nephews that love can come and be celebrated in many forms.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Laetitia Donaghy Photography
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Philadelphia garden wedding with bold blue suit and cape sleeve gown
- Elegant engagement session after romantic New Year’s Eve proposal
- Wonderland-themed wedding inspiration in the gardens of O’ahu
- 6 gender-neutral LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding terms to make all couples feel included
- California Beach photo session to celebrate virtual wedding
- Couple flooded with kindness after Tennessee wedding venue rejected them for being gay
- 18 gorgeous face masks from Etsy for your Covid-safe wedding
- Colorado Gov. Jared Polis marries Marlon Reis and makes history
- How To Mix Up Tradition For Your LGBTQ+ Wedding
- Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
- 6 stylish bow ties for autumn weddings
- WNBA teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman are engaged
- 6 children’s books that celebrate LGBTQ+ families
- 6 challenges straight couples don’t have to deal with when planning a wedding
- Desert LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration featuring native Arizona plants and a custom floral suit
- Celestial-themed Missouri wedding featuring navy and gold
- South Carolina engagement session celebrating LGBTQ+ love in the outdoors
- 5 floral fads in vogue for ’21 and ’22 weddings
- Disney star Garrett Clayton married longtime partner Blake Knight in a garden party wedding
- Dazzling wedding dress trends for fall