WATCH: Same-Sex Wedding on ‘Days of our Lives’
Emily Gable, 9 years ago 1 min read
Last week, the popular NBC soap opera, Days of our Lives, made history (for the show, at least) when it aired the same-sex wedding of two men, characters Will Horton and Sonny Kiriakis.
Last week, the popular NBC soap opera, Days of our Lives, made history (for the show, at least) when it aired the same-sex wedding of two men, characters Will Horton and Sonny Kiriakis. The wedding was a big deal for the show, since it had never aired a marriage between two men before. Excitement led up to the story, which spanned three days, ending with the actual vows. See the full episode below!
Photo: JPI Studios/Howard Wise
Emily Gable is a former assistant editor for Equally Wed and deeply missed. She's a talented wedding photographer and co-owner of The Wildernesses Photography in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding
- Best LGBTQ+ bach weekend activity ideas
- A chic Brooklyn, New York, wedding for spiritual brides with a Pride-inspired reception photoshoot