While we were swooning over the styles that sashayed down the runway at New York Fashion Week, we couldn’t help but also notice the manis that the models were rocking, imagining that several could serve as perfect inspiration for your own wedding day nails.
At Alexander Wang, CND created a “brushed stone” look on the models’ shellac press-ons, feathering each nail and buffing to a matte finish. Wang asked for an “androgynous-looking nail, something that was an enigma … very quiet, but still strong and modern.”
Louise Bourgeous’s infamous prints were translated to manicured textures for the Creatures of Comfort show. The unique style was created using Priti’s Cobweb Hen polish and a sprinkling of flocking powder.
Take a cue from your wedding day gown and top your mani with actual lace, as seen at the Houghton show. The models’ nails were painted with a creamy latte shade, OPI Samoan Sand, and topped with the same luxurious lace in Polk’s fall pieces. The nails were filed to what’s been coined as a stiletto point (another hot nail trend that we spotted), playing up this ultra femme manicure.
It’s no surprise that noted wedding gown designer Jenny Packham sent styles down her ready-to-wear runway that we’re coveting for the big day. To complement the ethereal gowns and lavish accessories, an artist from Essie created a sparkling, gradient nail art design using Essie Luxeffects in set in Stones. She achieved the cascading look by applying the glitter polish at the center of the nail, tapping the brush back and forth to the tip.
Photo: huffingtonpost.com; refinery29.com; huffingtonpost.com; glamour.com
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing