While we were swooning over the styles that sashayed down the runway at New York Fashion Week, we couldn’t help but also notice the manis that the models were rocking, imagining that several could serve as perfect inspiration for your own wedding day nails.
At Alexander Wang, CND created a “brushed stone” look on the models’ shellac press-ons, feathering each nail and buffing to a matte finish. Wang asked for an “androgynous-looking nail, something that was an enigma … very quiet, but still strong and modern.”
Louise Bourgeous’s infamous prints were translated to manicured textures for the Creatures of Comfort show. The unique style was created using Priti’s Cobweb Hen polish and a sprinkling of flocking powder.
Take a cue from your wedding day gown and top your mani with actual lace, as seen at the Houghton show. The models’ nails were painted with a creamy latte shade, OPI Samoan Sand, and topped with the same luxurious lace in Polk’s fall pieces. The nails were filed to what’s been coined as a stiletto point (another hot nail trend that we spotted), playing up this ultra femme manicure.
It’s no surprise that noted wedding gown designer Jenny Packham sent styles down her ready-to-wear runway that we’re coveting for the big day. To complement the ethereal gowns and lavish accessories, an artist from Essie created a sparkling, gradient nail art design using Essie Luxeffects in set in Stones. She achieved the cascading look by applying the glitter polish at the center of the nail, tapping the brush back and forth to the tip.
Photo: huffingtonpost.com; refinery29.com; huffingtonpost.com; glamour.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Wedding invitation company is allowed to discriminate against gay couples
- ABC’s ‘Bachelor’ TV franchise makes history with first same-sex engagement
- Monochromatic countryside double wedding inspiration
- Lesbian couple denied by California winery wedding venue receives apology after performer Nikki Levy intervenes
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples